Every Sunday evening at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific, I host a Q&A session on Facebook LIVE called "Let's Talk Writing & Publishing!" I choose a new topic each week, and this week's topic was eBook publishing. Watch the video below if you missed it!
- 35% of all books sold are eBooks.
- The average eBook is only 50-100 pages.
- Amazon accounts for 65% of all online book sales.
- Amazon will pay you 70% royalties on your eBook sales when your book is priced between $2.99-$9.99. Outside those brackets = 35% royalty.
- Add an opt-in to your eBook to capture your readers' information.
- eBooks are a nice way to build your list, promote other products and services, and link to other books you have to offer.
- Amazon will allow you five (5) free promo days per 90 days in exchange for offering them exclusive distribution rights to your eBook by enrolling in KDP Select. This will allow you to give your book away for free, which usually results in downloads and reviews, raising your ranking!
- If you opt NOT to enroll in KDP Select, you might also consider publishing through Smashwords and/or Nook Press.
- There is a difference between having your book formatted and having it converted. Stay away from the word conversion!
If you enjoyed this video and you want to learn more, I invite you to join me this Thursday, July 28th at 7pm Eastern/4pm Pacific for my free online master class:
I'm going to show you…
- Seven lucrative ways you can make profits writing and publishing eBooks
- The three publishing platforms you should consider when it comes time to publish your eBook--and one most don't know about yet!
- How many words your eBook should entail and how to write it in just 7 days!
- How to build a business as an eBook publisher, both for yourself and for others!
- The system I've used to publish over 70 eBooks in just four years--for myself and my clients!
- PLUS! What to do after publication, to repurpose your eBook content and make even more $
And... if you are ready to get started as an eBook publisher, you may want to check out my online course: eBook Publishing Made Easy: How to Write and Publish Kindle eBooks for Profits.